In 2016, Fost Plus launched projects in six Belgian municipalities to test new scenarios for the collection of PMD. The aim was to assess the feasibility of the future expansion of the PMD bag.
Today, this resulted in different scenarios for the collection of PMD. Depending on the intermunicipal company, other types of plastic packaging are permitted in the PMD bag.
- At intermunicipalities INTERRAND, INVOCO, IOK, IMOG,IVVO, IVBO, INTERZA, LIMBURG.NET, HYGEA, IDELUX, IPALLE Sud-Hainaut, INBW, TIBI (partially), Knokke-Heist, Aarschot and INTRADEL (partially) the 'current' rules for the collection of PMD apply.
- In the municipalities of Marchin, Frameries, Hannut and in all municipalities of the intermunicipality IMOG specific P+MD rules apply.
- New PMD rules apply to the intermunicipalities ECOWERF, IOK, IVLA, IGEAN, NET BRUSSELS, IVAREM, VERKO, INTRADURA, IVIO, Antwerp, IVAGO, Sint-Genesius-Rode, IDM, MIWA, IBOGEM, IVM, MIROM, ILVA, IVOO, IVAGO, BEP ENVIRONNEMENT, INTRADEL (partially), TIBI (partially) and IPALE Wallonie Picarde.
In the near futur, all these different scenarios must lead to the most viable scenario and simpler sorting rules voor PMD. Sorting correctly will become even simpler: all types of plastic packaging will be allowed in the PMD bag, including yogurt jars, margarine dishes and plastic film.
Recycling more is good for the environment and for your wallet! With the new sorting rules, we will collect and recycle even more packaging. And that means we're using less new raw materials, less energy and less CO2.
- Deposit only empty packaging;
- Do not attach plastic cans to the fastening straps of the blue PMD bags;
- The maximum volume of a packaging item placed in a blue PMD bag is 8 litres;
- Deposit packages or containers, preferably flattened, with their lids.
Contact your municipality or intermunicipal company
Your municipality and/or intermunicipal company is in charge of the selective waste collection. You can find further information on their websites about collection times, collection points, recycling centres, container parks and second-hand shops (Kringwinkels/Ressourceries).
Enter your post code below and you will immediately receive all the information you need to contact them.